Our VPN shortcuts save you time and effort by allowing you to quickly toggle your VPN connection with just a keystroke. No more navigating through menus or settings to turn VPN on and off - our shortcuts make it efficient and effortless.
Turn VPN on/off automatically
Follow these steps to turn on automation:
- Find the Shortcuts app in your phone. It is a built-in IOS app, but if you don’t have it, you can download it from the App Store.
- Open the “Shortcuts” app. From the bottom of the main screen, open Automation.
- Tap on the “+” at the top of the screen and choose Create personal Automation. In the list below, find and tap on App. Tap on Choose to pick the app(s) you want VPN to activate with.
- Once you’ve chosen the app(s), tap on Done. Then, choose Is Opened and tap on Next.
- Tap on Add Action and search for Set VPN. Choose this option.
- On the new page, in the phrase “Connect to VPN”, tap on VPN. After a dropdown appears, choose ForestVPN.
- Tap “Next”. On the new page, turn off “Ask before running” and tap “Done”.
For this shortcut to work, you have to be on the 16.4 version of IOS.
Turn VPN on/off automatically with certain apps
To turn on automation, follow these steps:
- Open ForestVPN, then tap on Mode in the bottom menu bar.
- In Additional settings, tap on Split tunneling
- Pick Use for all selected apps and choose apps you want VPN to work with
- Tap Save and you’re done!
TurnVPN on/off without opening the app
If you have an Android device, there are a few ways you can turn on/off VPN without actually opening the app.
Shortcut №1 - Connect or disconnect your VPN from your home screen
To do so:
- Find our app on your home screen and press on it for a few seconds.
- In a few seconds, a pop-up will display with the words "connect" or "disconnect" depending on the state of your connection.
- Tap on it and your VPN will disconnect/connect.
Shortcut №2 - Add ForestVPN to your settings panel
You can add a ForestVPN button to the settings panel. It is the panel that opens from the top of your screen and contains your Wi-Fi settings, brightness settings, etc. To do so, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the Settings panel.
- Tap on the Edit button closest to the right in the top corner.
- Open up the Available toggles section fully by swiping up. Find the ForestVPN option and tap it to add it to your main settings.
- Swipe down Available toggles and click Done.
Now, you can turn our VPN on and off by the settings panel at any time.